No products in the cart.
September 10th, 2020
In an effort to keep Hosts informed about our website updates, I’ve decided to send out a short email to let you know about our recent improvements and works in progress.
1. Please see the new Find-a-host page.
I’m using an automated way to display this page so that it will automatically update as new Hosts join. It includes a search and filter to make it easier to find a Host. Be sure to update your store logo and store banner to make sure it looks the way you want. If you hover over the ? near the image label, you will find out the best resolution for each of the images.
From the “Find a Host” page, people can now search for Hosts by average rating. As you’re wrapping up each event, this is a great opportunity to ask people to write a review and give you a rating. You have to approve reviews before they’re posted, so if you ever have an unhappy customer, you’ll have an opportunity to work things out with them before approving the review.
2. As I mentioned on a previous call, we have added the ability to pay for and book appointments at the same time. It synchronizes with Google calendar so that you can easily make sure not to double book. We are beta testing the feature with Ted. I’m ready to open up the beta testing to one or two more tech-savvy hosts. If you’re interested, let me know.
We’re working on the pricing strategy for this feature. Hosting events will remain at $4.99/month. Booking appointments takes extra setup time on the back end. We’re looking at another level of membership that includes Hosting events and booking appointments at $9.99/month plus a one-time $50 setup fee. Please send me your thoughts and ideas.
3. We’ve had a few requests for Stripe. We can enable it on the backend, but we need to test it along with a vendor who enables Stripe. If you’re interested in beta testing this, let me know.
4. We have heard from you that it’s difficult to select the date for Post Expiration. We updated the code so it should be easier to read and select.
5. We have set all orders to auto-approve. This means once a customer pays for the workshop or downloadable product, the order will auto-approve. This is especially helpful when people place those last-minute orders. They will immediately get the ticket with the zoom link or the download without any effort on your part.
Here are a few features we’re working on with the vendors who support us:
1. Being able to set the timezone on an event.
2. Some tickets do not have the event name listed. We’re working on getting this fixed.
3. We are continuing to monitor the emails and SMS texts that are sent out with each order to keep it to a minimum.
Be sure to check that emails coming from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org are not going to your spam folder. This will ensure these key website updates will get to you in a timely fashion.Bob Haataia
You must be logged in to post a comment.