On this episode of Conversations About Conversations, Ivan Farber spoke with Dr. Lorraine Haataia about his book Conversations: How to Manage Your Business Relationships One Conversation at a Time.
Topics they talked about include:
- Highlights from the book
- Ways to have better conversations
- Ideas for promoting your nonfiction book
Ivan Farber is a master of conversations.
Dr. Lorraine Haataia is the founder of Prolific Writers Life.
Latest posts by Keiko O'Leary (see all)
One thought on “Video: Author Ivan Farber in Conversation with Prolific Writers Life Founder Lorraine Haataia”
I am grateful for the support I’m getting from Prolific Writers.
Here’s a summary of the ideas I got from you during the podcast:
1. Have a business plan for your book. Treat each book like a business.
2. Create a book club, roundtable discussion or study group for your book.
3. Create books for different segments (i.e., Chicken Soup for the Soul) for different types conversations—for example: conversations for parents, conversations for spouses, conversations for writers.
4. Find leaders at organizations that value books that can change their organizations.
5. Become engaged as a keynote speaker; do TED/TEDx talks
6. Develop grassroots roundtable zooms/coaching sessions
7. Write blog posts and/or get quotes and articles on others’ blogs (i.e., Prolific Writers Life)